We are looking for experienced CG Shading Artists to join our team on an exciting new CG project!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work with the show supervisors to create final looks, templates, and materials for CG characters and environments to be used in production and interpret artistic direction from Supervisors.
- Work with the lead or supervisor of a show, define shader requirements, create shader networks in Renderman for Katana, modify shader parameters, apply texture maps, and iteratively refine the look to accomplish the art direction goals and integrate solutions into the production pipeline.
- Participate in determining the various technical solutions.
- Responsible for creating shaders for creatures, props, and environments.
- Work with a team of artists in a hands-on capacity to ensure technically and artistically proper implementation of shaders.
- Keep other supervisors apprised of issues arising in pre-production and shot production and offer creative solutions to those issues.
- Maintain a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high-quality work.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years of industry experience (CG and/or visual effects).
- Ability to communicate creative and technical ideas.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of CG shading and how to set materials up properly.
- Knowledge of Renderman is an asset.
- Knowledge of Katana is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents preferred.
START DATE: ASAP 2022
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.