Atomic Cartoon's parent company Thunderbird Entertainment, a leading producer of television series, seeks an International TV Sales professional for its Global Distribution division.
Thunderbird Entertainment was founded in 2003. With offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa and Los Angeles, we have more than 1000 creatives on our team. And though we all have our unique skills, techniques, niches and passions, one thing is true for us all: we are artists at our core. We have two companies under Thunderbird Entertainment, Atomic Cartoons and Great Pacific Media. Atomic, founded in 1999, produces award-winning animation and GPM, founded in 2011, creates dynamic, award-winning factual and scripted content.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- License Thunderbird’s new animated and live action series for kids to broadcasters, streamers and other media outlets.
- Sell Thunderbird’s primetime scripted and reality television series.
- Maintain relationships with television platforms, home entertainment companies and other media outlets.
- Focus on markets in EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
- Secure commissions, presales and co-productions for new series.
- License the company's catalog series.
- Negotiate and draft term sheets.
- Partner with the legal group to review and close agreements.
- Attend major media sales markets and meet with clients in person globally.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Prior recent experience in a Managerial, Director, Vice President or similar role.
- Prior experience licensing kids’ television series in Europe.
- Experience licensing kids’ television series in the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific will also be considered.
- Knowledge about negotiating sales terms and drafting related documents.
- A passion for content and sales.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to communicate with a wide variety of people across different roles and departments.
- An ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities at once
- Los Angeles area residents are preferred for this role, however candidates residing outside this area with relevant experience will be considered.
START DATE: APRIL/MAY 2022
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.