Are you a CG Rigging Artist looking for your next opportunity? Our Vancouver studio is looking to fill a CG Rigging position on an upcoming CG My Little Pony series for Netflix.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create and support interfaces, control mechanisms, and tools for production assets.
- Design and implement new tools and techniques for the production.
- Work closely with the animators and modelers to set up character rigs that will maintain a cohesive look during the animation process.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with other members of the production.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management.
- Be updated and familiar with new techniques, tools or other related software.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Rigging experience with Autodesk Maya.
- Experience with Python required.
- Experience rigging a variety of characters and props, including facial animation systems.
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry, and movement.
- Basic modeling skills and ability to understand polygonal mesh flow.
- Knowledge of dynamics, animation and/or previs is an asset.
- Previous industry experience (CG and/or Visual Effects) is an asset.
- Currently legally able to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.