Are you a recruiter, recruitment coordinator, talent acquisition specialist looking for your next opportunity? We are looking to add a member with animation industry experience to our Recruitment team. Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager you will be responsible for day to day recruitment for our LA studio as well as developing relationships with key local talent to aid the staffing of future productions.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create and manage job postings for upcoming and current vacancies.
- Review applicant resumes, conduct pre-screen interviews, assess candidates, and coordinate interviews to fill current vacancies.
- Connect with and pre-screen or interview Directors, Art Directors, Department Supervisors and Production team members outside of Atomic to develop relationships with them.
- Create and maintain a database of potential future employees within production and pre-production roles.
- Develop and maintain relationships with universities, colleges and other key animation schools across the US.
- Communicate progress with key job stake holders and the Talent Acquisition Manager.
- Work with the Talent Acquisition Manager and team on projects and initiatives.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Prior experience in a recruitment or talent acquisition related role in Animation or VFX.
- Prior experience conducting pre-screens or full interviews.
- Familiarity with roles across both the CG and 2D pipeline.
- An understanding of GSuite and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with ATS and HRIS software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to communicate with a wide variety of people across different roles and departments.
- Experience with Greenhouse is an asset.
- Experience with BambooHR is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in the United States without restrictions.
- Current residents of California are preferred for this role.
START DATE: SPRING 2022
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.