As a Render TD you will be responsible for the wellness, optimization and automation of the rendering pipeline. In this critical role you will report to the Render Supervisor.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work in a small team focused on the efficiency and health of the Render Farm.
- Participate in the design and development of new features of the rendering workflow and reporting systems.
- Monitor the Render Farm and Production Systems.
- Resolve operational issues within the Render Farm and Production Systems.
- Make tools for use in the Render Department.
- Troubleshoot renders by reading error logs both on the farm and in the DCC.
- Work with Shading and Lighting Leads and Supervisors for render time optimization.
- Identify render inefficiencies and work with artists and other pipeline teams to build scripts, tools and/or systems to improve these inefficiencies.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of production experience in VFX or Animation preferably in Lighting, FX and/or Rendering.
- Experience 3D DCC packages such as Katana, Maya, Houdini, etc.
- Experience with Python.
- A good understanding of basic CG Pipeline workflow.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and offer solutions with great analytical skills.
- Experience with render engines or simulation software.
- Experience with Databases is an asset.
- Experience with Monitoring software such as ELK, Grafana, and Prometheus is an asset
- Experience with Linux is an asset
- Experience working in a command line environment is an asset
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: ASAP
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.