Our Vancouver studio is looking for a talented CG Lighting/Compositing Supervisor to join the team on an upcoming CG My Little Pony series for Netflix.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Supervise the lighting and compositing artists and leads to achieve the creative lighting goals of the director.
- Lead, mentor, and provide guidance to the lighting and compositing team.
- Share ideas, collaborate, and work closely with other members of the production team including FX and Animation.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production.
- Plan each episode to achieve deliverables, while creating workflow efficiency, and working closely with the production team to proactively flag and problem-solve any potential issues.
- Be updated and familiar with new techniques, tools, or other related software.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Several years of production experience in CG lighting and compositing for film, visual effects, or animation.
- Previous experience leading a team.
- Prior production experience using Katana.
- Excellent understanding of Maya and Nuke.
- Experience using Renderman.
- Experience using Shotgrid for production tracking, submitting, and publishing is an asset.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong communication skills and ability to delegate and mentor people and projects.
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Ability to provide feedback to team members.
- BC residents are preferred for this role however, we are open to considering artists residing in other provinces.
- Currently legally able to work in Canada.
START DATE: As soon as possible
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.