Working under the Core Technology Supervisor you will be working on long term software development projects and helping us build and maintain our pipeline.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop, structures, and systems that define how artists assemble and manage complex 3D scenes.
- Design user interfaces for authoring, validating, publishing, and tracking 3D data as it moves through the production pipeline.
- Extend, optimize, and simplify a complex network of automated batch processes.
- Work in a collaborative team of software engineers, and work directly with highly specialized artists.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Expert knowledge of programming in python and/or C++ on Linux.
- Thorough knowledge of computer graphics and animation concepts: character rigging, geometric deformations, dynamic simulation, shading, and rendering.
- Experience with commercial CG animation software applications: Maya, Houdini, Mari, Katana, Nuke, RV, Shotgun.
- Experience with industry-standard scene data formats: Alembic, USD.
- Experience with GUI toolkits: Qt, PyQt/PySide.
- Knowledge of software design/development principles: design patterns, object-oriented design, agile development.
- Experience with revision control and release management: Git.
- Experience working with a large, complex, mature, and dynamic codebase.
- The ability to listen to, understand and break down the needs of different Productions.
- A strong sense of team and collaboration.
- An insightful and analytical thinker, with strong proactive problem solving skills
- A strong sense of self and a willingness to speak up.
- Currently legally able to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: TBD 2022
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.