Atomic Vancouver is looking for an experienced CG Supervisor to join us on an upcoming CG My Little Pony series for Netflix.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Aid in designing and implementing all technical aspects and workflow of the production including modeling, shading, animation, lighting, and FX.
- Work closely with the clients to receive the brief and discuss Atomic’s capabilities both technically and creatively.
- Work with facility and show leadership to define the creative and technical approach for the project and oversee it through the pipeline.
- Assist with portraying the Director's creative vision to the team through building consensus between Technology, Artists, and Production.
- Work with the Production Team to manage the day to day running of the team and evaluate artist schedules ensuring they are realistic and achievable enabling them to achieve their quotas and milestones.
- Work with the show Technical Directors and pipeline support in solving day-to-day issues, and proactively eliminate potential problems in pipeline tools before they impact the production.
- Offer support, mentoring, and guidance to the Technical Team Leads.
- Assess and recommend appropriate external shaders/plugins/scripts.
- Attend daily production and department meetings.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Degree in fine arts, computer science or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of animation production experience, with proven ability to supervise and lead a large group.
- Strong working knowledge of 3D software packages and pipelines including Maya, Katana, Houdini, Nuke.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under pressure.
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Proven team leadership abilities, strong motivational skills and willingness to share knowledge and provide feedback to team members on work under development and mentor lesser experienced team members.
- Knowledge of various ray-based rendering engines, such as Renderman and Arnold, is an asset.
- Ability to write/understand code and assist in tool/pipeline R&D development is an asset.
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible and able to work in Canada.
- BC resident preferred.
START DATE: As soon as possible
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.