This role is for a Senior CG Modeler with very strong modeling skills primarily focusing on character assets. This person will be involved in helping to create a hard surface and organic models and in some cases UVs.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighbourhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create show style models from scratch that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project(s).
- The main focus will be on the creation of characters.
- Complete tasks within production deadlines while being largely self-directed.
- Proactive, collaborative and passionate.
- Be able to take constructive feedback from supervisors and directors and deliver those changes in an efficient and timely manner.
- Work closely with the Look Development Artists to ensure all models work smoothly within the Look Development pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline.
- Work with a team of artists in a hands-on capacity to ensure technically and artistically proper implementation of look developed assets.
- Work closely with the Riggers in the case of character models to ensure models work smoothly within the Rigging pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline.
- Keep other supervisors apprised of issues arising in pre-production and shot production and offer creative solutions to those issues.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Industry experience (Animation and/or Visual Effects).
- Proficient in Maya, Zbrush and/ or Mudbox.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to create complex and accurate models from 2D reference or scan data.
- Knowledge of other skills such as texturing/ shading, rendering or rigging a plus.
- Excellent understanding in clean line-flow when creating organix, hard surface models with a basic understanding in environments.
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry, and movement.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- Able to mentor Junior and mid-level artists.
- Maintains or exceeds a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high-quality work.
- Linux operating system experience is an asset.
- Experience with Python scripting is an asset.
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing is an asset.
- Must be able to legally work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: ASAP
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.