This role is for a Lead CG Modeler with very strong modelling skills. This person will mainly be focusing on the creation of characters but will also need an excellent understanding in clean line-flow when creating organic, hard surface models with a basic understanding in environments. Qualified candidates must have proven experience in production environments, demonstrating an ability to create complex and accurate models from 2D reference or scan data.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create show-style models from scratch that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project(s).
- Complete tasks within production deadlines while being largely self-directed.
- Take constructive feedback from supervisors and directors and deliver changes in an efficient and timely manner.
- Lead team members in determining various design and technical solutions; provide feedback to other team members of the production.
- Work with your team of artists in a hands-on capacity to ensure technically and artistically proper implementation of look-developed assets.
- Provide assistance for technical art issues that arise within the pipeline.
- Mentor artists on the team.
- Work with the supervisor of a show to accomplish the art direction goals and integrate solutions into the production pipeline.
- Work closely with the Look Development Artists to ensure all models work smoothly within the Look Development pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline.
- Work closely with the Riggers in the case of character models to ensure models work smoothly within the Rigging pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline.
- Be up to date and familiar with new techniques, tools, and other related software.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 4+ years of Industry experience in an assets role (Animation and/or Visual Effects).
- Prior experience in a senior or lead assets role.
- Proficient in Maya, Zbrush and/ or Mudbox.
- Knowledge of other skills such as texturing/ shading, rendering or rigging a plus.
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry and movement.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Linux operating system experience is an asset.
- Experience with Python scripting is an asset.
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing is an asset.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred.
START DATE: ASAP
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.