Are you a CG FX Artist looking for your next opportunity? Our Vancouver studio is looking for an experienced CG FX Artist to help lead our team on an upcoming CG My Little Pony series for Netflix.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Design and animate effects utilizing Houdini for smoke, clouds, fire, lava, and water that meet the technical and aesthetic standards of the project.
- Work with DFX supervisor, lighting team and CG Supervisor to determine the best possible technical and creative approaches to be able to work smoothly within the pipeline.
- Help ensure weekly assigned quotas and expectations are met by the team. Lead, teach and guide a team of CG FX Artists to create the assigned show style.
- Produce look tests based on provided concepts.
- Work closely with the CG FX Supervisor on each episode to achieve deliverables, while creating workflow efficiency.
- Work closely with the Production Coordinator to proactively flag and problem-solve any potential issues.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong knowledge of Houdini Dynamic tools.
- Previous industry experience working in a studio environment.
- An understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena.
- Self-driven, a good communicator, and a great team player.
- Strong technical skills within a show structure.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and problem solve.
- Experience rendering with Mantra.
- Ability to Mentor, motivate, and lead by example less experienced artists, while having a great attitude!
- Comfortable working with production on task assignment for the team.
- Previous experience in a lead role is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Nuke is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Renderman and/or Katana is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: September 2021 and January 2022
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.