Are you an experienced Editor looking for your next opportunity? Atomic Vancouver is looking for a Lead Editor on one of our upcoming CG productions!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighbourhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Set and maintain pacing style and final timing of the series.
- Work closely with the TV showrunner.
- Ensure the production database (using Shotgrid) is updated with current progress.
- Ensure that scenes cut into the sequence are correct in terms of version.
- Prepare sequence edits for client approval when required.
- Organize and run the dailies session.
- Aid in any pipeline/development issues that surround outsource.
- Mentor, support, and lead junior editorial staff.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience working in an Editorial Department on a CG series or feature.
- Experience editing using Premiere.
- A firm understanding of the animation process, workflow, and terminology.
- Possess an understanding of film and HD video formats, files, frame rates, and resolutions.
- File encoding/transcoding experience, including a sound understanding of video codecs and file formats.
- Basic Photoshop skills.
- Prior experience mentoring and supporting junior editors is an asset.
- Currently legally able to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: November 2021
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.