This is an excellent opportunity for a CG Shot Finaling Artist to join the crew on our new series, Marvel's Spidey and His Amazing Friends!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assess and repair animated assets so that they meet the creative and technical requirements for the lighting/compositing department (i.e. floating, tangents, intersections, pops, abnormal deformation, jitters, etc.).
- Assist with the quality check process of shots moving through the pipeline.
- Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise.
- Flag repeat fix requirements and propose solutions.
- Publish QC'd shots from Animation into Lighting.
- Use Shotgrid to track shots coming in to and going out of the Finaling department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Previous production experience in animated-series or animated-feature work.
- Solid understanding of downstream dependencies in Nuke, Maya, and Renderman.
- Efficient and detail-oriented.
- Ability to take direction and adapt to change.
- Previous finaling experience is an asset.
- Generalist experience is an asset.
- Experience with Autodesk Shotgrid is an asset.
- Experience with the production process from Layout through Compositing is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents preferred.
START DATE: September 2021
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.