We are seeking a highly motivated CG Lead Shot TD to work with our Render and CG teams to ensure the QC workflow on Shows are developed and utilized efficiently. This is a great opportunity to lead an amazing team and work across many shows while assisting to define a concrete workflow and helping out with technical challenges.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Train and lead a team of Shot TDs for QC workflow and processes.
- Set up Katana QC templates and establish workflows for upcoming shows.
- Review QC renders to ensure handoff to Lighting is smooth.
- Work with Shading and Lighting Leads and Supervisors to optimize render times.
- Identify render inefficiencies and work with artists and other pipeline teams.
- Test and provide feedback for software releases.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Previous experience in VFX or Animation, preferably in Lighting, FX and/or Rendering.
- A Good understanding of CG Pipeline workflows.
- Production Experience using Maya, Katana, Nuke and Renderman.
- An ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong analytical skills, an ability to problem solve and provide solutions.
- Python Knowledge is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: TBD
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.