This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced CG Animator to join the crew on Marvel's new series Spidey and His Amazing Friends!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Animate in a team environment on a sequence of shots within a TV schedule.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of performance, posing, timing, weight, and lip-sync.
- Help ensure weekly assigned quotas and expectations are met by the team.
- Lead, teach and guide a team of CG Animators to create the assigned show style.
- Work closely with the Animation Supervisor to help achieve deliverables, while creating workflow efficiency.
- Work closely with the Production Coordinator to proactively flag and problem-solve any potential issues.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Previous industry experience working in a studio environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Maya animation tools.
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Ability to mentor, motivate, and lead by example less experienced artists; while having a great attitude!
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry, and movement.
- Previous experience in a lead role is an asset.
- Knowledge of dynamics is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC resident preferred.
START DATE: November 2021
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.