Our LA studio is looking for a Director, Current Series to join our LA Originals team.
The Director, Current Series will oversee all aspects of series on network, cable and streaming services. Including reviewing and evaluating all aspects of story, art and all other facets of the animation production pipeline. All while maintaining creative partnerships and relationships with key creative producers, crew members and network executives.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Oversee creative aspects of current series
- Provide and review notes for creative materials related to concept, character development character definition, story structure, humor and dialogue.
- Transition projects from development to production.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on scripts, revisions, design reviews, casting, and other key creative areas.
- Work with VPs of Originals to oversea staffing of writers including reviewing applications and participating in interviews.
- Receive and evaluate agency submissions for writers and key creative crew.
- Attend weekly meetings, network meetings, voice records, mixes and writing summits.
- Create reports to keep management updated of all show related matters.
- Act as a liaison between internal departments, networks and showrunners.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 3 years experience in a current series role.
- Prior experience with comedy or animated series.
- An understanding of the production pipeline.
- Skilled at establishing trust with and working with both creative and business people.
- Able to communicate clearly via spoken and written word.
- Strong listening skills and an ability to understand a wide variety of perspectives.
- Prioritization skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- An understanding of G Suite and Microsoft Office.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred for this role.
START DATE: EARLY AUGUST 2021
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.