This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Lighting/Comp Artist with Katana experience to join the crew on Marvel's new series Spidey and His Amazing Friends!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighbourhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work shot by shot or in sequences to attain the creative lighting goals of the director with the support of the Lighting Supervisor.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with other members of the production including FX and Animation.
- Help ensure weekly assigned quotas and expectations are met by the team.
- Lead, teach and guide a team of Lighting and Comp Artists to create the assigned show style.
- Work closely with the Lighting and Comp Supervisor on each episode to achieve deliverables, while creating workflow efficiency.
- Work closely with the Production Coordinator to proactively flag and problem-solve any potential issues.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Previous industry experience working in a studio environment; working on an episodic show.
- Experience using Katana and Nuke.
- Ability to keep up to date and familiar with new techniques, tools or other related software.
- Ability to Mentor, motivate, and lead by example less experienced artists, while having a great attitude!
- Comfortable working with production on task assignment of the team.
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- Experience using Renderman is an asset.
- Previous experience in a lead role is an asset.
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking, submitting & publishing an asset.
- Must be currently legally able to work in Canada.
- BC residents preferred.
START DATE: August 2021
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.