Are you a 2D FX artist with prior experience in Harmony? Our Vancouver studio is looking for 2D FX Artists to join a feature length production for Disney+ that will feature hand drawn FX. This role is open to both remote and freelance artists.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create FX using Harmony on a sequence of shots within a production schedule.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of timing and pacing, with a keen eye for detail.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of drawing fundamentals.
- Take direction from the FX Supervisor.
- Collaborate and work with other members of the Production.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by Supervisors and Production.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Prior production experience in 2D FX.
- Prior production experience with Harmony.
- Prior experience with After affects is an asset.
- Prior experience with hand drawn FX is an asset.
- Willingness to learn and have a great attitude.
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- This role is open to remote and freelance artists.
START DATE: AUGUST 2021
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.