Are you a talented CG Matte Painter? Our Vancouver studio is looking to fill multiple Matte Painter roles on an upcoming CG My Little Pony series for Netflix.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create matte paintings for elements and visuals to match the look of the production.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with other members of the production including layout, modeling, lighting, compositing and design.
- Work with Modeling/Texturing Supervisors and the Art Director to create the aesthetic vision of the production.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of matte painting techniques including; digital painting, modelling, and colour space.
- Extensive knowledge of Nuke, Maya, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of various renderers like Renderman, Vray and Arnold.
- Able to keep up to date with and apply new techniques, tools or other related software.
- Industry experience (CG and/or Visual Effects) is an asset.
- Knowledge of Katana, Houdini is an asset.
- Previous experience using Shotgun is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents preferred.
START DATE: July 2021
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.