We’re looking for a proactive Render Wrangler to join our team. Reporting to the Render Supervisor and working closely with our artists and production team, you’ll coordinate communications and ensure the smooth running of our render farm.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
What You Will Do
- Monitor and manage daily operation of the render farm.
- Proactively communicate with productions to determine daily per-show priorities and ensure studio overarching priorities are enforced.
- Perform basic wrangling and root cause analysis on logs for failed tasks, flagging issues, while identifying and communicating trends.
- Escalate infrastructure and asset issues to the correct person.
- Help identify areas to improve configuration, monitoring and automation of systems.
- Gather statistics from the queue and communicate successes, failures and trends.
What We Are Looking For
- Must be able to work swing shifts and weekends.
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Experience working with Python, Maya, Renderman, Tractor, Harmony and Linux is an asset for this role.
- An understanding of basic networking is an asset for this role.
- Currently able to legally work in Canada
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
Start Date: ASAP
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.