Are you an experienced CG Layout/Previs Supervisor or Lead looking for your next opportunity? Come join the team on our exciting new CG My Little Pony series for Netlfix!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the Layout/Previs team.
- Ensure that the quality of the work from the Layout/Previs team meets production standards.
- Lead the team to create sequences of shots that convey the story through the application of traditional filmmaking principles in a 3D computer environment.
- Assist in the creation of sequence shots when needed.
- Establish and lead the layout team to establish character blocking, camera positioning, and animate camera movement.
- Collaborate with the storyboards team and layout team members to create and enhance story through cinematic layout of shots.
- Ensure that the team is meeting deadlines as outlined by Production.
- Collaborate and work with members of the Production team and other departments.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- CG Layout/Previs experience on an animated series or feature.
- Prior experience working in a supervisory or lead role.
- Experience working with Maya and/or other professional animation software.
- Strong skills in layout, animation, and cinematography.
- Ability to interpret a storyboard and excellent visual storytelling skills.
- A strong understanding of character posing and lighting.
- Experience leading and mentoring junior artists.
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Knowledge of modeling, lighting and texturing is an asset.
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: July 2021
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.