The Junior Accountant position will be a role with Great Pacific Media a member of the Thunderbird group of companies. The Junior Accountant is responsible for accounts payable, general accounting tasks, and various administration duties to support the Accounting teams.
Great Pacific Media is a global leader in factual television. Started by TV veterans Blair Reekie and Mark Miller, GPM's programs are seen in more than 170 countries. GPM specializes in development, production, co-production, and financing of factual, documentary, game show and reality television.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Perform full cycle of Accounts Payable functions; review and process vendor invoices with appropriate approvals, project coding, etc.
- Prepare credit applications, set up and maintain vendor accounts and handle vendor inquiries.
- Enter credit card transactions, post payments and perform credit card statement reconciliations.
- Process GST/HST remittances.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Assist with the setup of production companies, including bank accounts, applicable government accounts, payroll, and other requirements for various entities.
- Provide administrative support for the Accounting teams.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Relevant Post-secondary certificate, diploma, degree, training and/or experience.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Self motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- An ongoing interest in learning.
- An excellent grasp of English, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Netsuite and/or SAGE is an asset.
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: TBD
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.