This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Storyboard Revisionist to join our crew on a CG production!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Redraw existing storyboards to the specifications of the Director’s notes.
- Uphold a high level of quality and consistency in the revisions quickly and efficiently.
- Follow instructions as per the notes and discussions.
- Communicate progress of work to the director and production team.
- Ensure the quality and style of the show is consistently achieved in storyboard work.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong drawing and illustration skills.
- Embrace change and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to produce solid boards.
- Take direction and complete revisions in a timely manner.
- Able to draw on model and have a good understanding of structure and proportions.
- Must be able to draw dynamic action/adventure poses.
- Must be flexible, willing to learn and be a motivated and motivating team player.
- Great attention to detail to assure high-quality work is submitted.
- Provide work in a timely fashion.
- Efficient time management.
- Knowledge of Storyboard Pro and Blender an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents preferred.
START DATE: May 2021
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.