The Junior Accountant position will be a role that is split between Atomic Cartoons Inc. and our parent company, Thunderbird. The Junior Accountant is responsible for accounts payable, general accounting tasks, and various administration duties to support the Accounting teams.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Perform full cycle of Accounts Payable functions; review and process vendor invoices with appropriate approvals, project coding, etc.
- Prepare credit applications, set up and maintain vendor accounts and handle vendor inquiries.
- Enter credit card transactions, post payments and perform credit card statement reconciliations.
- Process GST/HST remittances.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Assist with the setup of production companies, including bank accounts, applicable government accounts, payroll, and other requirements for various entities.
- Provide administrative support for the Accounting teams.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Relevant Post-secondary certificate, diploma, degree, training and/or experience.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Self motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- An ongoing interest in learning.
- An excellent grasp of English, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Netsuite and/or SAGE is an asset.
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: TBD (based on candidate availability)
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.