We are looking for CG Modelers of all experience levels to join our Vancouver studio!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create show style models from scratch that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project.
- Complete tasks within production deadlines while being largely self-directed, proactive, collaborative and passionate.
- Take constructive feedback from supervisors and directors and deliver those changes in an efficient and timely manner.
- Work closely with the Look Development Artists to ensure all models work smoothly within the Look Development pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline.
- Work closely with the Riggers in the case of character models to ensure models work smoothly within the Rigging pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline.
- Work closely with both the layout and animation departments to deliver assets that meet the requirements of the story.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, anatomy, structure, and movement.
- Knowledge of Maya 2018.5 and 2020.2.
- Knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox.
- Ability to communicate creative and technical ideas.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently by anticipating layout and animation requirements.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- Industry experience in CG and/or Visual Effects is an asset.
- Knowledge of Marvellous Designer is an asset.
- Knowledge of Speed Tree is an asset.
- Knowledge of 3D paint packages and rendering is an asset.
- Knowledge of other skills such as texturing/ shading or rigging is an asset.
- Linux operating system experience is an asset.
- Experience with Python scripting is an asset.
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing is an asset.
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada.
- BC residents preferred.
START DATE: June 2021
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.