Atomic Cartoons (and parent company Thunderbird Entertainment) are seeking an assistant to support both the Chief Creative Officer, as well as the President of Global Distribution & Consumer Products.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Schedule and coordinate meetings for the CCO & President, ensuring they have an accurate calendar and are aware of meetings requiring their attendance.
- Prepare necessary materials and documents for meetings.
- Review and share feedback on creative materials.
- Distribute creative materials and other documents to clients and business associates.
- Answer and screen phone calls, while creating a up to date contract database and daily phone list.
- Attend and take meeting notes when needed. Send necessary follow up materials after meetings.
- Coordinate attendance at industry conventions and other events including registration, meetsing, marketing and onsite exhibition.
- Track available development materials, client outreach and client meetings at industry events.
- Research projects, platform programming information, potential clients, productions for distribution and background on intellectual property.
- Arrange Travel (Domestic and International) and itineraries.
- Prepare expense reports.
- Order office supplies
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 1+ years experience as an assistant.
- 1+ years experience in a creative environment.
- A Love for Cartoons
- An interest in learning more about the creative and distribution portions of the business.
- A degree in TV of Film is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Self motivated and able to work independantly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to interacte with employees at all levels of the organization and external company contacts.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Strong organization skills and time management.
- A Proactive approach to work and a willingness to take initiative when needed.
START DATE: TBD
Atomic Cartoons Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.