This is an excellent opportunity for BG Line and Paint artists to work on an upcoming 2D Harmony Feature length production.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Draw and/or paint the background layout of a shot for the Animators to animate based on the Storyboards provided.
- Complete all layouts while maintaining the style and quality of the show.
- Use location designs as reference to draw and/or paint all layouts for assigned shots.
- Ensure that all artwork is stored and backed up on Shotgun.
- Collaborate with the BG/Layout Supervisor to complete revisions and other changes.
- Meet deadlines and quotas as assigned by production management.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong perspective drawing skills are a must.
- Experience working with Flash or Harmony productions as a BG Layout Artist (Line or Paint) is an asset.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop in a similar role is an asset.
- Industry experience on a 2D television production an asset.
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- A Great attitude and willingness to learn.
- Currently legally able to work in Canada.
- BC residents preferred.
START DATE: MARCH 2021
Atomic Cartoons Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.