This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced CG Layout/Previs Artist who is interested in guiding and mentoring junior artists to join one of our CG productions!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create sequences of shots that convey the story through the application of traditional film making principles in a 3D computer environment.
- Establish character blocking, camera positioning, and animate camera movement.
- Collaborate with the storyboards team to create and enhance story through cinematic layout of shots.
- Work with Previs Layout Supervisor and attend meetings to ensure layout adheres to the vision set out by the Directors.
- Help ensure weekly assigned quotas and expectations are met by the team.
- Provide mentorship to junior artists on the Layout team.
- Complete tasks within production deadlines while being largely self-directed.
- Work closely with the Production Coordinator to proactively flag and problem-solve any potential issues.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Previous experience working on a CG animated series or feature in a studio environment.
- Strong skills in layout, animation, and cinematography.
- Ability to interpret a storyboard and excellent visual storytelling skills.
- Excellent understanding of character posing and lighting.
- Ability to work collaboratively, taking direction and feedback from the Supervisor as necessary.
- Ability to provide mentorship and guidance to other Layout team members.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Comfortable working with production on task assignment of the team.
- Previous experience as a lead artist is an asset.
- Experience working with Maya or other professional animation software is an asset.
- Knowledge of modeling, lighting and texturing an asset.
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada
- BC resident preferred.
START DATE: ASAP
Atomic Cartoons Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.