Are you an experienced producer looking for an opportunity to help lead and and grow our LA studio? We are looking for an experienced Producer to join our team and oversee production in our LA studio.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Oversee all Production in our LA studio.
- Work closely with Supervising Producers, Line Producers and Production Managers.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create development strategy, budgets and schedules for IP and Partner Managed shows.
- Provide production support for IP Development.
- Create or assist other production staff in the creation of and implementation of schedules and budgets.
- Plan for, identify and report on production challenges.
- Ensure delivery milestones are met.
- Ensure all systems and departments in LA studio (IT, HR, Pipeline, Production) are running smoothly and are appropriately resourced.
- Collaborate with other members of the management team to implement company strategy.
- Liaise between production partners, studio and vendors.
- Build relationships with vendors both domestic and abroad.
- Assist in general office, capacity planning and organization.
- Assist HR and Recruitment in staffing with a focus on senior creative and production roles.
- Mentor and Guide Line Producers, Production Managers and Production Staff.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Prior experience working as a Supervising Producer in an animation studio is preferred.
- 2-5 years experience in the animation industry with both 2D and 3D animated productions.
- Experience leading a large team (over 100).
- Comfortable creating and reviewing production and cost reports.
- Ability to mentor Line Producers, Production Managers and other production team members.
- Prior experience and involvement in all levels of hiring and recruitment.
- Strong ability to network and maintain relationships with studio employees.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Autodesk Shotgun is an Asset.
- Currently legally entitled to work in the US.
- Able to work in house at our LA studio (The studio is currently working remotely).
START DATE: TBD
Atomic Cartoons Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.