Are you a 2D Harmony Animation lead or supervisor looking for your next opportunity? Our Ottawa studio is looking for an animator to join our new 2D Harmony production and lead a team of animators.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
Do you have big plans for your career? Are you looking for rewarding work that will challenge you? We are an artist-driven studio, we care about the work we produce and your career path.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead, mentor, and provide feedback to the animation team.
- Work closely and effectively with other animation supervisors, the directors and the production team to communicate all creative concerns.
- Deliver an animated show while balancing the quality constraints of the schedule.
- Work with production to ensure that your team is meeting assigned deadlines.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Several years of animation experience on a 2D harmony production.
- Previous experience leading and guiding a team of animators as a lead or supervisor.
- Experience in ToonBoom Harmony animation.
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking is an asset.
- Strong communication skills when delegating and mentoring other people.
- Must be willing to learn and have a great attitude.
- Ability to provide feedback to both a team and individuals.
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Ontario residents are preferred for this role.
- Ottawa residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: MARCH 2021
Atomic Cartoons Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.