We are seeking a highly motivated Pipeline TD to work closely with our Pipeline team to collaborate in the development and support for our 2D animation pipeline. This is an exciting opportunity to help define workflows and build a world class 2D animation pipeline working directly with artists.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work under the leadership of the Head of Technology and closely with the Pipeline team to drive productions forward towards their deliverable goals.
- Keep backend technologies up to date with industry standards.
- Test new technologies and help in their implementation in the current pipeline.
- Work with the Pipeline team and artists to understand and document existing workflows.
- Create and maintain documentation to ensure easy adoption of new processes, tools and technology.
- Break down requirements and solving challenges using off the shelf solutions where possible, and developing new tools where required.
- Triage production challenges and troubleshoot issues with a desire to produce reusable solutions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Previous experience in VFX or Animation, preferably as a Pipeline TD.
- Extensive knowledge and development experience using Python.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Java Script knowledge is an asset.
- Production experience using Windows, Toonboom Harmony, Adobe Animate, and Adobe Suite Products is an asset.
- Experience with Shotgun, Maya, Renderman, Nuke is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents preferred.
START DATE: ASAP
Atomic Cartoons Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.