Are you a 2D Layout Artist with strong paint skills looking for your next opportunity? Our Ottawa studio is looking for you!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning full-service animation studio originally located in Vancouver's busy Animation District. Our Ottawa studio is located in the vibrant Hintonburg neighborhood that has deep roots in the city’s animation history. Atomic is a mix of laid back atmosphere, a supportive team, and some serious creative talent!
Do you have big plans for your career? Are you looking for rewarding work that will challenge you? We are an artist-driven studio, we care about the work we produce and your career path.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Draw and/or paint the background layout of a shot for the Animators to animate based on the Storyboard.
- Complete assigned layouts while maintaining the style and quality of the show.
- Use location designs as reference to draw and/or paint all layouts for assigned shots.
- Ensure that all artwork is stored and backed up on Shotgun.
- Collaborate with the BG Layout Supervisor to complete revisions and other changes.
- Meet deadlines and quotas as assigned by production management.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Must have strong perspective drawing skills.
- A strong focus on painting skills.
- Experience working with Harmony productions is an asset.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop in a similar role is an asset.
- Industry experience on a 2D television/streaming or feature production is an asset.
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Great attitude and willingness to learn.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada
- Ontario residents preferred.
START DATE: ASAP
Atomic Cartoons Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.