Are you an experienced Designer looking for your next role? Our Vancouver studio is looking for character, location and prop designers to join our team on a high energy and fast paced comedy series for older kids and families.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including the Emmy award winning Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Take direction from the Art Director.
- Design diverse characters, locations and/or props for a 2D animated production.
- Work efficiently and within the established workflow.
- Participate in department meetings as required.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with all members of the design team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience working on a 2D/CG animated feature or television series in a design or visual development role.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your understanding of art fundamentals such as structure, composition, and design principles.
- A diverse portfolio containing character design, location, props and/or color design.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- A willingness to work in a team, take direction and have a positive attitude.
- Prior experience working in a design role on a 2D production is an asset.
- Experience using 2D software is an asset.
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred.
START DATE: ASAP
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.