Are you an experienced Character, Location or Prop Designer looking for your next opportunity? Do you have a diverse portfolio that portrays a wide variety of styles with a mix of both cartoon and realistic designs? Our Vancouver studio is looking for you to help with design on one of our 2D productions.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Take direction from the Art Director.
- Design diverse characters, locations, environments or props for a 2D animated production.
- Work efficiently and within the established workflow.
- Participate in department meetings as required.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with all members of the design team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Prior experience working on a 2D animated feature or television series in a design or visual development role.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your understanding of art fundamentals such as structure, composition, and design principles.
- A diverse portfolio that portrays a wide variety of styles; a mix of cartoon and/or realistic examples.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- A willingness to work in a team, take direction and have a positive attitude.
- Experience using 2D software is an asset.
- Prior experience working in a design role on a 2D production is an asset.
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred.
START DATE: ASAP
Atomic Cartoons Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.