Are you an experienced Pipeline TD looking for your next opportunity? Our CG Pipeline Team is seeking an experienced TD to join them to help with the development and support of our CG Pipeline.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist the Head of Technology with all aspects of technical components.
- React to pipeline development challenges and troubleshoot solutions.
- Aid in the development of applications and creative pipeline tools and techniques to improve productivity.
- Create and update documentation and assist with rollouts of new technology.
- Provide weekly updates on Pipeline development status, and notify the Head of Technology of any upcoming production risks.
- Contribute to technical and user-facing documentation.
- Attend department meetings as required.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years of experience in VFX or Animation.
- Previous experience as a Pipeline TD is preferred.
- Knowledge of Harmony, Nuke, Photoshop is preferred.
- Knowledge of Maya Python/API, C/C++, Nuke, RenderMan is preferred.
- Experience with large-scale production pipelines, including render farm management is preferred.
- Experience with PyQT or PySide is an asset.
- Experience with Katana is an asset.
- Experience with SQL, Shotgun, Qube is an asset.
- Degree in Computing Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of up-to-date Production Technology/IT methods, practices, and trends.
- A strong understanding of scheduling, project management, and working under strict deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate and offer solutions with great problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Currently legally able to work in Canada.
- BC residents preferred.
START DATE: ASAP
Atomic Cartoons Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.