This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced CG Texturing Artist to join the Atomic Vancouver crew on an exciting CG project!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work with the show supervisors to texture and shade 3D models using Photoshop, Substance Painter and/or Zbrush.
- Work with the Assets Department Supervisor(s) and the Art Director to create the aesthetic vision of the production.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with other members of the production including modeling, lighting, compositing and design.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management while producing high quality work.
- Be updated and familiar with new techniques, tools or other related software.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Knowledge of Maya animation tools props.
- Knowledge of various rendering software such as Renderman, Vray, and Arnold.
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry, and movement.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- Industry experience in CG and/or Visual Effects is an asset.
- Knowledge of dynamics, and/or rigging is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents preferred.
START DATE: ASAP
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply with your Resume, Cover Letter, and link to your Portfolio.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.