We are seeking a CG Artist with experience in Shading and Lighting to join one of our 2D productions. Experience with both Cinema4D and Arnold is an asset.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible for all CG aspects required for a 2D Harmony animated production with a focus on shading and lighting.
- Be up to date and familiar with new techniques, tools or other related software.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 1+ years of industry experience.
- Excellent knowledge of 3D disciplines with a strong focus on shading and lighting.
- Experience with Cinema 4D is an asset.
- Experience with Arnold is an asset.
- Strong eye and inherent instincts for camera placement and coverage to make mundane scenes feel kinetic and energetic.
- Expert knowledge of 3D pipelines and software packages such as Maya, Substance Painter & Nuke.
- Must be able to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Be comfortable being a generalist and completing an entire shot from start to finish.
- Experience with Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing an asset.
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- BC Residents preferred.
- Currently legally able to work in Canada.
START DATE: AUGUST 2020
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply with your Resume, Cover Letter, and link to your Portfolio.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.