Are you an experienced Color Design Supervisor? Our LA studio is looking for a meticulous and creative Color Design Supervisor to join our team on a high energy and fast paced comedy series for older kids and families.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Take direction from the Art Director.
- Lead a team of designers in Los Angeles and Vancouver studios.
- Oversee the color design of sets, props and characters under the supervision of the Art Director
- Work efficiently and within the established workflow.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with all members of the design team.
- Deliver feedback and participate in daily review sessions with team.
- Mentor and support the design team and cultivate positive team morale.
- Participate in design reviews and provide clear notes for revisions.
- Provide status updates, troubleshoot, and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff.
- Oversee color design revisions and provide notes ongoing to ensure the style and vision for the show is maintained.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your understanding of art fundamentals such as structure, composition, and design principles.
- A diverse portfolio that portrays a wide variety of characters, props and/or environments/backgrounds.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- A willingness to work in a team, lead team members, be able to take direction and have a positive attitude.
- Prior experience working on a 2D animated feature or television series in a lead design or visual development role is an asset.
- Prior experience working in a design lead role on a 2D production is an asset.
- Experience using 2D software is an asset.
- Able to legally work in United States.
START DATE: SEPTEMBER 2020
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply with your Resume, Cover Letter, and link to your Portfolio.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.