Are you Storyboard Director who is familiar with the 2D Animation pipeline? Our LA studio is looking for a Storyboard Director for a high energy and fast paced comedy series for older kids and families.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead and mentor a team of storyboard artists and revisionists.
- Cultivate a strong sense of team and positive morale.
- Provide status updates, troubleshoot, and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff and the Supervising Director.
- Participate in all storyboard handouts with the storyboard team and communicate expectations to the storyboard team.
- Maintain the quality and continuity of drawings.
- Work with the Supervising Director to provide notes and oversee revisions.
- Take part in storyboard reviews and provide clear notes on revisions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years experience working as a Storyboard artist on an animated series for television.
- Proven experience mentoring and leading a team.
- Strong knowledge of cinematography and staging.
- Excellent drawing and composition skills.
- Ability to analyze script pages and tell a story through drawings.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Experience as a Storyboard Director, Supervisor or in a similar leadership role is an asset.
- Prior experience working on a 2D Animated series is an asset
- Experience with Storyboard Pro is an asset
- Experience with Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing is an asset.
- Able to legally work in United States.
START DATE: September 2020
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume.
Please apply with your Resume & Portfolio.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.