Are you an experienced Art Director? Our LA studio is looking for a talented and inspired Art Director to join our team on a high energy and fast paced comedy series for older kids and families.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Direct the design team to develop and create designs that are in line with the stylistic requirements of the project.
- Deliver feedback and hold daily review sessions with the team.
- Oversee the design of sets, props and characters.
- Respect project deadlines.
- Collaborate with the Showrunner, Supervising Director and Vancouver Animation teams to discuss creative ambitions and stylistic requirements for the project.
- Manage LA and Vancouver based teams of supervisors and designers to ensure the alignment of the style, vision, and creative visual design for every episode throughout the series.
- Mentor and support the design team and while cultivating a positive team morale.
- Participate in all design meetings with the showrunners, supervising director and executive producers and communicate storytelling direction, design requirements, and expected level of polish to the design vision of the series.
- Participate in design reviews and provide clear notes for revisions.
- Provide status updates, troubleshoot, and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff.
- Oversee design revisions and provide ongoing notes to ensure the style and vision for the show is maintained.
- Participate in the talent acquisition process with the Line Producer: reviewing portfolios and tests, interviewing candidates, and providing detailed feedback.
- Provide notes on animation, Lighting/Comp and FX.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong portfolio that displays your understanding of lighting, composition and colour to create strong dynamic imagery.
- 2+ years of experience as an Art Director working in television animation.
- 5+ years of experience as a Supervising Design Lead working in television animation.
- Prior experience working on a 2D animated production for film or television.
- Ability to lead and mentor a diverse team across studio locations.
- Strong communication skills and understanding of other departments in a 2D animated production.
- Ability to provide clear and concise feedback to team members.
- Strong sense of collaboration.
- Experience with Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing is an asset.
- Able to legally work in United States.
START DATE: September 2020
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume.
Please apply with your Resume & Portfolio.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.