This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced CG Rigging Artist to join the Vancouver team on our CG productions!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create and support interfaces, control mechanisms, and tools for production assets.
- Design and implement new tools and techniques for the production.
- Work closely with the animators and modelers to set up character rigs that will maintain a cohesive look during the animation process.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with other members of the production
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management
- Be updated and familiar with new techniques, tools or other related software
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 1+ years of industry experience (CG and/or Visual Effects) or equivalent.
- Rigging experience with Autodesk Maya.
- Experience with Python required.
- Experience rigging a variety of characters and props, including facial animation systems.
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry, and movement.
- Basic modeling skills and ability to understand polygonal mesh flow.
- Knowledge of dynamics, animation and/or previs is an asset.
- Currently legally able to work in Canada.
- BC residents preferred.
START DATE: August 2020
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply with your Resume, Cover Letter, and link to your Portfolio.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.