Are you a Location Designer with a strong eye for colour looking for your next opportunity? We are looking for a Location Designer for one of our CG productions at our Vancouver studio.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Take direction from the Art Director.
- Design and paint backgrounds for a CG animated production
- Work efficiently and within the established workflow.
- Participate in department meetings as required.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with all members of the design team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Prior experience working on an animated feature or television series in a design or visual development role
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your understanding of art fundamentals such as structure, composition, and design principles.
- A portfolio with a strong emphasis on colour and painting.
- A diverse portfolio that portrays a wide variety of environments/backgrounds.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- A willingness to work in a team, take direction and have a positive attitude.
- Prior experience working in a design role on a CG production is an asset.
- Experience using 3D software is an asset.
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada.
- BC residents preferred.
START DATE: ASAP
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply with your Resume, Cover Letter, and link to your Portfolio.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.