Are you a Designer looking for your next opportunity? A new productions is looking for designers to fill multiple design roles on a 2D show based out of our Ottawa studio! We are looking for Character Designers, Location Designers, Prop Designers and Color Designers to fill multiple roles as soon as possible.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning full-service animation studio originally located in Vancouver's busy Animation District. Our Ottawa studio is located in the vibrant Hintonburg neighborhood that has deep roots in the city’s animation history. Atomic is a mix of laid back atmosphere, a supportive team, and some serious creative talent!
Do you have big plans for your career? Are you looking for rewarding work that will challenge you? We are an artist-driven studio, we care about the work we produce and your career path.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Take direction from the Art Director.
- Design diverse characters, props and backgrounds for a 2D animated production.
- Work efficiently and within the established workflow.
- Participate in department meetings as required.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with all members of the design team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your understanding of art fundamentals such as structure, composition, and design principles.
- A diverse portfolio that portrays a wide variety of characters, props and/or environments/backgrounds.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- A willingness to work in a team, take direction and have a positive attitude.
- Prior experience working on a 2D animated feature or television series in a design or visual development role is an asset.
- Prior experience working in a design role on a 2D production is an asset.
- Experience using 2D software is an asset.
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Ontario residents preferred.
START DATE: August 2020
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.