Are you an experienced Storyboard Supervisor or Director who is familiar with the CG Animation pipeline? Our LA studio is looking for a Supervising Director for a comedy adventure show for older preschoolers with a cinematic style.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Collaborate with the Showrunner, Art Director and Vancouver Animation teams to discuss creative ambitions and producibility for each episode.
- Manage both LA and Vancouver teams of directors, storyboard artists, revisionists, and animatic editors to ensure alignment of the style, vision, and creative ambitions required for a locked animatic of every episode and throughout the series.
- Mentor and support the Storyboard team and cultivate positive team morale.
- Participate in all storyboard handouts with the episodic directors by communicating storytelling direction, design requirements, and expected level of polish to the Storyboard team.
- Participate in storyboard reviews and provide clear notes for revisions.
- Evaluate the continuity and quality of all storyboards and punch up the storyboards and/or animatics as needed.
- Provide status updates, troubleshoot, and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff.
- Manage animatics at all stages of the episode including animatic pitches, revisions, and lock. Review animatics with editor to direct pacing.
- Oversee revisions and provide notes ongoing to ensure the style and vision for the show is maintained.
- Participate in the talent acquisition process with the Line Producer to review portfolios and tests, interview candidates, and provide detailed feedback.
- Provide notes on animation, Lighting/Comp and FX.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years experience as an Episodic Director working in television animation.
- 5+ years of experience as a Storyboard Artist working in television animation.
- Prior experience working on a CG animated production for film or television.
- Ability to lead and mentor a diverse team across multiple studio locations.
- Strong communication skills and understanding of other departments in a CG animated production.
- Ability to provide clear and concise feedback to team members.
- Strong sense of collaboration.
- Experience with Storyboard Pro is an asset.
- Experience with Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing is an asset.
- Able to legally work in United States.
START DATE: September 2020
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply with your Resume & Cover Letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.