Are you looking for your next Character/Prop Designer role? We have a 2D production looking for experienced Character and Prop designers to fill roles immediately!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Take direction from the Art Director.
- Design diverse characters and props for a 2D animated production.
- Work efficiently and within the established workflow.
- Participate in department meetings as required.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with all members of the design team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 2-3 years experience working on a 2D/CG animated feature or television series in a design or visual development role.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your understanding of art fundamentals such as structure, composition, and design principles.
- A variety of character turnarounds within the portfolio
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- A willingness to work in a team, take direction and have a positive attitude.
- Prior experience working in a design role on a 2D production is an asset.
- Experience using 2D software is an asset.
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada.
- BC residents preferred.
START DATE: ASAP
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply with your Resume, Cover Letter, and link to your Portfolio.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.