Thunderbird is seeking a Financial Planner & Analyst to join our team. This role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. This individual will be spear-heading the Company’s financial quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. They will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management. This role acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Thunderbird is a rapidly growing Vancouver-based TV and film production company with offices in Los Angeles, Ottawa, Toronto and London. Thunderbird produces award winning programming for Canadian and International broadcasters. The Thunderbird group of companies includes Vancouver-based Great Pacific Media and Atomic Cartoons and UK-based theatrical distributor Thunderbird Releasing Ltd.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools.
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis.
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports.
- Implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard reports.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in the Company’s productions.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA certification is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience as Manager or Director of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Experience in entertainment and media is preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills required.
- High standards of accuracy, precision and high level of organization.
- Able to think creatively.
- Highly-driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to work alongside team members in a hands-on management capacity.
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Negotiable based on experience
Show us what you would like to contribute to Thunderbird by providing us with your resume and cover letter.
Thunderbird welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.