Thunderbird is seeking a full-time Accountant to join and help support our corporate accounting team at our Vancouver head office. This is a short term contract position for a period of 3-4 months.
Thunderbird is a rapidly growing Vancouver-based TV and film production company with offices in Los Angeles, Toronto and London. Thunderbird produces award winning programming for Canadian and International broadcasters. The Thunderbird group of companies includes Vancouver-based Great Pacific Media and Atomic Cartoons and UK-based theatrical distributor Thunderbird Releasing Ltd.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Perform full cycle of Accounts Payable functions.
- Review and process vendor invoices with appropriate approvals, processing payments and project coding.
- Prepare credit applications.
- Set up and maintain vendor accounts and handle vendor inquiries.
- Enter credit card transactions, post payments and perform credit card statement reconciliations.
- Send and follow up with customers regarding invoices.
- Provide administrative support to senior management team and provide office assistance.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for various entities.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly GST/HST/QST filings.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma/degree, training and/or experience in accounting.
- 2‐5 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook Applications.
- Experience with Accounting software. Sage is an asset
- An excellent grasp of English, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to perform successfully with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Able to produce accurate work.
- Handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Eagerness to learn and contribute to our team.
Start Date: ASAP
Show us what you would like to contribute to Thunderbird by providing us with your resume and cover letter.
Thunderbird welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.