In this new role of Senior Production Accountant you will report to the production controller. The Senior Production Accountant works closely with the accounting and business affairs team and is a trusted and valued member of the Atomic Cartoons management team.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Full-cycle accounting, payroll, and government remittances.
- Work in partnership with other members of the finance team and Line Producers, to ensure timely and accurate reporting of productions cash flows, cost reports and tax compliance.
- Preparation of production year ends and audit support packages; liaising with auditors as needed.
- Coordinate information with Business Affairs for tax credit applications.
- Facilitate bank closings and interim financing for productions.
- Assist with the training of other members of the Accounting team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience in the animation/film industry.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills to understand, interpret, and accurately communicate financial data.
- Operates with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Experience with IATSE Local 839 is an asset.
Start Date: ASAP
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with your resume and cover letter.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection p
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.