Are you an experienced Storyboard Supervisor? We are looking for you to lead a group of Storyboard Artists for an upcoming 2D Production at our Ottawa studio!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning full-service animation studio originally located in Vancouver's busy Animation District. Our Ottawa studio is located in the vibrant Hintonburg neighborhood that has deep roots in the city’s animation history. Atomic is a mix of laid back atmosphere, a supportive team, and some serious creative talent!
Do you have big plans for your career? Are you looking for rewarding work that will challenge you? We are an artist-driven studio, we care about the work we produce and your career path.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead and mentor a team of Storyboard Artists.
- Work closely with Production Managers, Line Producers, and Directors to implement the style and objective of storyboards.
- Communicate directly with clients to receive verbal instructions and discuss creative directions.
- Maintain the quality and continuity of drawings.
- Review and take notes on storyboard breakdowns and make revisions as needed.
- Manage timelines to ensure deadlines are met.
- Collaborate with the team to generate ideas.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Previous industry experience as a Storyboard artist.
- Experience as a Storyboard Supervisor (or a similar leadership role).
- Excellent drawing and composition skills.
- Strong knowledge of cinematography and staging.
- Ability to analyze script pages and tell a story through drawings.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Experience with Storyboard Pro is an asset.
- Ability to work in house at our Ottawa studio; ON Resident preferred
- Currently legally eligible to work Canada.
START DATE: August-September 2020
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.