Are you an Art Director looking for your next opportunity? Our Ottawa studio is looking for an experienced Art Director to lead the design team on our next 2D production!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning full-service animation studio originally located in Vancouver's busy Animation District. Our Ottawa studio is located in the vibrant Hintonburg neighborhood that has deep roots in the city’s animation history. Atomic is a mix of laid back atmosphere, a supportive team, and some serious creative talent!
Do you have big plans for your career? Are you looking for rewarding work that will challenge you? We are an artist-driven studio, we care about the work we produce and your career path.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Collaborate with the Show Runner and Series Creator to establish the overall show design.
- Direct the design team to develop and create designs that are in line with the stylistic requirements of the project.
- Deliver feedback and hold daily review sessions with team.
- Oversee the design of sets, props and characters.
- Help establish efficient workflows.
- Manage timelines to ensure deadlines are met.
- Collaborate with the team to generate ideas.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Previous Experience as an Art Director.
- Strong portfolio that displays your understanding of lighting, composition and colour.
- An Ability to create strong dynamic imagery.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to direct, mentor and, provide feedback to artists.
- Able to deliver clear and concise feedback with a strong understanding of working within an animation production.
- Experience using 2D software is an asset
- Currently legally eligible to work Canada.
- Must be able to work in the studio; ON resident preferred
START DATE: ASAP
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.